Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cream Cheese Bread Pudding...

Last Sunday I made Cream Cheese Bread Pudding. As our bread is approaching to expiry date, I better do something edible before it end up in the dustbin yet again...



Twinkle is a willing assitant. She is breaking 250gm of cream cheese block with fork since it is still hard.


Now, posing with peace sign.


She still looks funny with two front teeth missing....


I add up blackberry jam for variation...



This is the end product after 30minutes in the oven. Notice that the cream cheese cracked. Oh well... it is a pudding.. so perfection is not expected for a pudding... right? Maybe I should bake it at 150'C instead of 160'C and use double-boil method to prevent cracking...


Ah.... My happy aassistant, indulging with the smell and sight...



Suprisingly, I manage to get the bread pudding out from the 8" round pan. My initially response was to scoop it out from the pan. That is normally we do to a bread pudding.





Well, the cheese part of the pudding is gorgeous and delicious by itself. When you put the whole combination of bread and cheese.... it tastes good. However, the bread part tastes plain by itself. Hmm.... If I am going to do it differently, I will spread Nuttella in between of the bread for chocolate taste or fruit jam for another variation. Next time maybe...


Here is the recipe..


Cream Cheese Bread Pudding


10 slices of bread ( I used 7 slices)

2 cups of fresh milk

1/2 cup of brown sugar ( I used caster sugar)

250 gm Cream Cheese

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla essence

raisin for decoration ( I used Blackberry Jam)


Instructions:


1. Arranged sliced bread inside baking pan. In my case, I used 8" round baking pan

2. Pour fresh milk and let it soak for 15 minutes.

3. Next, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla essence. Then mix it together.

4. Pour on top of the bread.

5. Put raisin on top and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 160'C.




2 comments:

Byron Chen said...

Twinkle is gonna be a great pastry chef!

Twinkle said...

That will be good. She can bake something for both of us later. Or she might end up opening a bakery.