Monday, October 03, 2011

Cheese Caramel Pudding

I believe this is one of the delicious pudding I ever had. It is very easy to make. I use the recipe from here.




I know, the pudding is not really in the centre... I don't want to nudge the pudding to the center for being at risk of breaking it!





The texture is very soft and smooth.... **drools** If only I have a bad ass camera with zoom property. I only manage to use macro function on my camera to capture all my photos..







Oh.... the caramel... sweet.... For those who are interested to try, here is the recipe:



Caramel Cheese Pudding


For Caramel


70 gm sugar ( or 5 1/2 tbsp )


2 tsp water


2 tbsp warm water


For Pudding


180gm cream cheese ( I use Philadelphia Cream Cheese)


70gm sugar


1 egg yolk


3 eggs


450 ml fresh milk


1 tbsp lemon juice ( I substitute with 1 tsp of lemon essense)




Methods:


1. To prepare caramel, I simply throw all ingredient into the 8" round baking pan and put it on medium heat on the stove. Just don't let the sugar cooked to be too dark or else it will taste bitter.




2. Swirl it around so that the bottom of the pan covered. Leave to cool.




3. In a bowl, mix sugar and cheese together and it is not necessarily fluffy. After that, add eggs one by one. Then add lemon juice (In my case, lemon essence)


4. Next, heat milk to near boil, then add into mixture from step 3. Whisk it quickly to avoid of having scramble egg in the mixture.


5. Pour the mixture into the caramel-covered baking tin. (I strained the mixture so that the texture of the pudding will be smooth).


6. Pe-heat the oven at 160'C for 10 minutes. Then bake the mixture using double boiler method for 45 minutes. Use upper and lower heat.


7. Leave to cool then flip the caramel into the serving plate.


I will definitely bake this pudding again! Good luck.

4 comments:

Byron Chen said...

I love pudding! I made this once many many years ago, but I used muffin tray, so they came out in individual serve.

Twinkle said...

that will be challenging since once you flip the tray, all six puddings will come out simultaneously... Heheheheh

Mimi Liana said...

Been doing this for years... but never with cream cheese. kena try nih..

Радомир Эра said...

If you had financial problems, then it is time for you to smile. You only need to contact Mr. Benjamin  with the amount you wish to borrow and the payment period that suits you and you will have your loan in less than 48 hours. I just benefited for the sixth time a loan of 700 thousand dollars for a period of 180 months with the possibility of paying before the expiration date. Make contact with him and you will see that he is a very honest man with a good heart.His email is lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com and his WhatApp phone number is + 1-989-394-3740