Monday, March 24, 2008

Part 1 - Sydney Opera House


I am lucky to have the chance to visit Sydney Opera House. I had been to Sydney in 2000 but I did not really explore Sydney as I should. I was staying somewhere near Darling Harbour. So, I took ferry from Darling Harbour to Circullar Quay (pronounced as 'key', not ku weee... hmmm which I did...).



I love this view.... the water sparkles in the morning sun. By the way.. I took all the pictures using my mobile phone. I am rather happy with the result because the quality is not bad... considering it is only 2.0 Megapixels.



We were three days in Sydney... and the first two days, I was busy shopping in Sydney. I will blog about it later in another entry. Only the last day I went to Darling Harbour and Sydney Opera House. Oh ya.... I also went to Sydney Aquarium.... but I didn't take any good pictures since it was always dark inside. Mmmm.. I prefer Aquria KLCC la....


Oh ya.. that's me and my book. I love Eddings. I took all Belgariad and Mollereans Saga back home to Mukah... but sadly have to leave the rest behind otherwise my luggage will be over 20kg! Hahahaha.. me, Eddings and Sydney Opera House.



I took 1 hour Sydney Opera House tour which usually AUD32. But, I was lucky to have it for AUD25 since the lady at the counter kind enough to use one of the extra discount voucher she had. Ohh...... lucky me!

I have to wait one hour because the 10.30am and 11.00am were sold out. With nothing else to do (which I already done my shopping around the area earlier) I just sat and read my Eddings. Hahahaha... can you spot my shoe?




Before we went into the opera house, the tour guide told us that taking pictures inside the Sydney Opera House are prohibited. Basically it is because of copyright issues. But, some of us did not care (including me). But when he brought us inside the theatre, we did not take any pictures because we know it was strictly probihited. I guess for scenic view outside the theatre are still OK. Here... we were at this part of the opera house called cleavage.



This is also cleavage. Very deep right?



We had two videos presentation and one of them was this one. It was kinda cool because the image projected staright to the wall.


This private room is dedicated to the architect who is responsible with Sydney Opera House. Actually, no photos allowed but.... I couldn't resist! One hour visit... so worth it. That's the end of my one hour visit to the opera house.


This picture was taken from the outside of the opera house. You can see a group of people inside. That group was taken for tour inside the opera house... like the one I took earlier.


If you wondering what are the stairs going up to opera house look like.... this is how it is look like. Simple huh?


I always wondering about the wall of Sydney Opera House. So, I took a close-up pictures of it. It is only made of tiles... like common toilet tiles.. No offense OK?


Well... it is bigger than normal toilet tiles.. and of course.. it is more expensive la... Before I forgot, Sydney Opera House is already proclaimed as a world heritage site in 2007. Not too bad for a 33 years old building.





The rest were only Sydney Opera House in different angles. The last picture was taken from the sidewalk cafe, where I was enjoying my complimentary AUD1.00 orange juice. I did not have any food from the cafe because it was expensive!!! I end up having lunch at McD. Yummm.. love their Quarter Pounder burger....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Err.. nice! :)

Twinkle said...

jane: Thanks jane. Hehehehe... Come to Mukah la..