Monday, September 05, 2011

Chocolate Macaroon Cake







Yesterday, me and Twinkle decided to bake a cake. Actually, it was her idea. I found this recipe from the book that I bought in Melbourne long time ago. The recipe is simple just because it does not involves creaming butter and sugar. Simply using oil.








Hmm... it was simple to make. I reduced sugar from 2 cups to 1 1/2 cups. Wise move since it taste just nice. However, I made a mistake by using normal cooking oil! I don't like the after taste of the oil. I should have used sunflower or canola oil. Oh well...




That's my assistant waiting for the cake to cool down before I put the topping.







Finally, she had a bite of it. She likes it since anything sweet is always delicious for any kid. Personally, I will not bake this cake again since I have a better chocolate cake recipe. There is one apple cake recipe from the same book which I really love to bake. I believe I already baked the same cake for more than three times. It tastes so good.... Yumm... Maybe next Sunday project...









2 comments:

Byron Chen said...

The cake look very Yummy

Twinkle said...

It is yummy but too sweet. I put too much sugar on the topping....