Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Perfect smile...

Ok, everybody does not have perfect teeth. How I wish I had taken care of my teeth. Now, it is one of the biggest mistakes I made in life for not taking a good care of my teeth.

Anyway, I was given a chance to fix it. I went to the dentist today and given three options:


1. Braces
2. Caps
3. Bridging

I told the dentist that I want instant result. Well, she told me to do bridging because it will last long. It will cost me RM 2500 for 4 teeth.

Anyway, she advised me to do braces since it will last longer and the alignment will be prettier compared to bridging. This is because bridging only fixing the upper teeth but not the lower teeth. Unlikely braces, it will fix both upper and lower. Even though it will cost me from RM 3000 to RM 4000, it is considered cheaper because per teeth will be roughly RM 85 but for bridging it will be RM 625 per teeth. This is because it will fix 4 teeth! Besides, braces will fix problem forever but not bridging. It will only last 10 to 20 years.

Tomorrow I will see orthodontist and see how much it will cost.

It occurred in my head, how do I look like wearing braces? My friend wore it before for 1 year, but he still looked yummy and handsome. Me? Hmm, I don’t know. But seriously, if somebody making fun of me, I just told them… it is a RM 5000 metal in my mouth. Not everyone can put that in their mouth. Hehehehehe.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hola! Sorry, have yet to upload the pix: I only have my kebaya here with me as I'm not staying in the same state as the others, hehe. Camera is PDA-inbuilt so the pix aren't very nice, but gimme a few hours for upload - been having trouble with Blogger pix. Or do u have an email account? =(

Btw I've also been toying with having braces done (soon, soon!) and found this website informative:

http://www.archwired.com/ -check it out, and if you have time, there's a link to 'Lynn's braces blog' which explains all the things to expect.

Yr baby is waaaaaaaaay cute & ur very, very brave. Bravo! Hang in there, all things happen for a reason, even those lil squabbles... Have been reading some nice books which take u away from the daily hustle & bustle when ur not too bz, u prob read them b4. Could mail u the txt files if you'd like.

Till then, have a lovely week.