Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Cakes for Christmas...

Kek Intan Tiga Lima or Diamond Three Five's Cake? Wakakakakaka? Macam sial jer bunyi dia!

Ok, I bake my own cakes. Why? It is cheaper and I have time to do so. I have to do it on weekends and night time. My guests seems to be suprised that I baked my own cake! Wahh... they thought I don't know how to bake or cook aye'? Cehhh... A girl need to know at least how to bake a simple cake, such as butter cake.

Personally, Kek Intan Tiga Lima took the longest time to finish. I started at 2pm and finished at 7pm!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa... But it tastes delicious!! No leftover for this cake. It was my first attempt to bake this cake too.

Kek Lapis Evergreen or Evergreen Layer Cake

Kek Lapis Evergreen is my favourite. It is delicious, even Twinkle loves it! Easy to make and always a hit to my guests. Aiya.. no leftover la for this one too. Oh ya, I baked this cake few times already.

Kek Lapis India or Indian Layer Cake

This cake is delicious but next time I think I want to alter the recipe. I was too generous with the chocolate and hence it is too rich and fuckinggg sweet too! Need less sugar. It was also a mistake to put dessicated coconut since it crumbles easily! Damn hard to cut in small pieces. Maybe next time, I will have better luck baking it to perfection. I still have a quarter left in the fridge. Hmmm... personally, not a bad first time attempt. Still edible though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that kek lapis is making my mouth water!

Looks good!

Hope you had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Twinkle said...

phil: Thank you... You too. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

Any more pics of yummy goodies?

Or pics of Mukah? Haven't been there in a long while, would be good to see what it looks like now.