Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Part of my job...

On top of turbine! Do not stare at my ugly half painted nails! Ignore the butterfly on my sandals!!!

We had turbine inspection last Saturday, so I volunteered myself to come (part of learning laaa). It was interesting to be involved. Well, I was basically looking at them (the Chinese contractor and our technician with turbine engineer) doing verification on all the values. As client, we have to be happy with the result, or else.. DON'T SIGN!! Hehehehehe... well, we have to protect our interest too la!



Well, that is how turbine rotor looks like before it covered with turbine casing...

Standing at the edge of the turbine was actually quite dangerous. It was quite a height. You can see that in the first photo. Anyway, it was not a big deal because you just need to be extra careful. Lucky me... I don't have any phobia with height. Or else, I will be a monkey in the company who will be whining all the time about being scared of HEIGHT!!

Another view... Can you see our quarters?

Today, the turbine will be covered. So, there is no way for us to see what inside until major overhaul ( meaning, big maintenance... open up everything and do all the checking for every single bolt and nuts! It is done maybe once in three years). Unit #1 is done.... Unit #2 is on the way....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you live life dangerously, girl.

Better stay away from those turbines!

Anonymous said...

seeing u standing at the edge like tat, scare me... so dangerous lor. :D

Byron Chen said...

interesting

Anonymous said...

wah... so huge turbine...
-.-
scared for ur life...